Pages

Welcome!

'The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting.' ~Vincent Van Gogh~



Friday, October 22, 2010

Classes

Well, here it is toward the end of October already!  Wow!  In my last post, I was getting ready to submit work for the Tiny Treasures show.  Did I mention this was the first time to submit work to a juried show, and that it's very nerve-wracking!!  Well, I submitted my 3 paintings, and waited.  Unfortunately, none were accepted for this show, however, it was a very good experience.  Going through the motions of getting the work done, framed, etc., and submitting them was a good learning experience.  I also learned some about the 'miniature' paintings that they were expecting. 

So, I'm getting more paintings ready for submission to another show now, the Annual Juried Exhibition at the Suffolk Museum, through the Suffolk Art League. 
I'm excited to try this again, and hope again to be selected into the show.  Wish me luck!

I started taking a watercolor class last night with a wonderful teacher, Barbara West.  I took my first classes with her, and am a 'return customer'.  This time, the classes are held at her house, as she finally finished building her studio over the garage!  It was a good time, and such a pleasure to see her beautiful home.... and her gorgeous work!  My goodness, I have a long way to go to get that sort of talent.  I was in awe, absolutely beautiful paintings.  Anyway, it was refreshing to get excited again, and to learn new things and get so much inspiration and energy from her.  She is such an interesting person!

Well, that's it for this week.  I'm finishing up a painting tonight, a horse portrait, and am planning on starting 2 new ones.  I'm also going to try again to create a 'make-shift' photo studio in my studio and work on getting better photos of my work.  Next time my daughter comes to town, I'll ask her to bring her camera and expertise and help me out with shots! 

Have a great weekend, and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galleries Showing my Art

  • Fine Art America
  • Riverview Art Gallery, Portsmouth, VA
  • Jester's Galler Shop, Suffolk, VA