Pages

Welcome!

'The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting.' ~Vincent Van Gogh~



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting Closer to the Shows

Okay, the show is only 2 days away, well the submitting part anyway.  I have my paintings done for the Tiny Treasures, and tonight I will be matting and framing them.  

Another show coming up is the Juried Members Show at the Suffolk Museum, through the Suffolk Art League.  I need to get those paintings done soon.  I'll probably work on those some tonight.  Here's the information on that show:

2010 Annual Juried Exhibition

The Suffolk Art League, in conjunction with the Suffolk Museum, will hold its 2010 Annual Juried Exhibition at the Suffolk Museum.  The Juror for 2010 is Dr. Jennifer Foley. Dr. Foley is the Paul Mellon Statewide Educator at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond.
Suffolk Art League will present over $2,500 in awards including a $500 First Place award that also includes the opportunity to present a one-person show at the Suffolk Museum in 2011.
This show runs from November 7 - December 23, 2010.

As with everything, practice makes perfect.  I have been trying different techniques in hopes of improving my watercolor skills.  I am concentrating on using less strokes, stronger colors and not overworking the paintings.  If any watercolor artists would like to comment on that, I would love the feedback.  Tell me of your experiences and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galleries Showing my Art

  • Fine Art America
  • Riverview Art Gallery, Portsmouth, VA
  • Jester's Galler Shop, Suffolk, VA