- Reusable grocery bags
- Programmable thermostats
- Composting kitchen waste
- Recycling cans, glass, etc
- Turning water off when brushing my teeth
- Repairing or re-purposing common items
- Bring old magazines to the office for others to read
- Vegetable gardening and canning
In the studio, I believe that we all need to be creative where possible in coming up with ideas for less waste, environmentally friendly products and reusing / re-purposing. I was looking around on the internet and found this site - Eco ArtWorks. They sell all sorts of eco-friendly supplies for the artist and crafter. I'm sure there are many more out there, as well as blogs on Going Green.
Other ideas for re-using or re-purposing household items?
- Old buttons for embellishing projects
- Collages out of old magazines
- Plastic tubs from margarine or such for holding water, paint, supplies