Pages

Welcome!

'The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting.' ~Vincent Van Gogh~



Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yard Art - Refreshing the Old Stuff!

With Spring in the air, I've been busy cleaning and cleaning!  Out with the old, in with the new, as they say.  Or as I've done, take the old and make it like new again!

I just love Spring!  It's a wonderful time of year when nature is awakening, birds are chirping, flowers are blooming...

I have started getting the yard and gardens ready for the season.  Along with that, it was time to clean out the shed, a dreaded chore to say the least!  But as I started clearing things out and getting rid of old stuff, I found a few items that I wanted to freshen up and re-purpose.  Suddenly, it wasn't a dreaded chore, I was actually having fun, and was able to get a little creative!


One of the things I found in the shed was an old garden rake, without the handle!  Why did I save that?  Who knows... guess I thought one day I'd put a new handle on it.  Instead of tossing it, I decided to re-purpose it!  I still need to clean it up and paint it (I'm thinking a crazy blue or purple color!) but for now I have installed it on the inside of my shed door.... from rake to rack!  I'm going to paint it this weekend!!

I also found a yard gnome that had been buried in the corner of the shed, quite neglected and looking rough.  So I cleaned him up and re-painted him!  Every yard needs a gnome, right??

And of course, me and my love for pigs, I came across a concrete pig on a swing that I just HAD to use!  So after a few coats of paint, he looked as good as new.  I showed my husband and he said, "He could be the Geico Pig, he just needs a pinwheel"!  You know the one, right?  Wee, wee, WEEEEE!!!  So after painting his name on the swing and finding a $1.50 deal at Walgreen's on a pinwheel, we now have Maxwell ready for the yard!!  So fun, the grandkids are going to love it!




My last project (at least for this blog) was re-purposing an old pallet we had sitting outside.  I had seen this on-line once and thought it was a neat idea.  My husband thought I was crazy at first I think, but he was pleased and surprised with the results!  I turned the old pallet into a colorful garden!  Here is a link to 'Life on the Balcony' that showed me how to make it!

How are you getting ready for spring with your creativity??  Leave me a comment and share your creative ideas!

Sign up to receive my newsletters to your email!  Subscription is at the top of page.  Thanks.
Please feel free to share this post with my backlink.
Visit my gallery at Bonnie Schallermeir, Fine Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galleries Showing my Art

  • Fine Art America
  • Riverview Art Gallery, Portsmouth, VA
  • Jester's Galler Shop, Suffolk, VA