Okay, be honest... have you ever felt as if you have been drained of all your creative juices? Can't seem to find your mojo? Drawing a blank for your next project? Need to be rejuvenated?
1. Keep a notepad with you at all time.
- Write down ideas you have for projects.
- Take notes of new experiences and how they make you feel.
- Make quick sketches of new places.
2. Hang out with creative people.
- Creative people can be inspiring and rejuvenating.
- Great opportunity to sound board some ideas.
- These people can also be your biggest supporters and promoters!
3. Collaborate with another artist.
- Everyone has different interests and styles, you might learn something, or teach them something.
- Work towards a goal together.
- Even the change of atmosphere may inspire you.
4. Attend a new workshop or class.
- Maybe there is something you've always wanted to learn, go for it!
- This may open a new door in your career or interests.
- You'll meet new and exciting new people to share ideas and techniques.
5. Experience something new.
- How about a new restaurant or food?
- Take a weekend to go to a new place, along with your camera and notepad!
- Take a hike, nature is the best inspiration there is!
6. Visit your community library or museum.
- Check out a book on Art History.
- How about a new book on different techniques you can learn.
- Is there a new exhibition at your local museum. Take a day and visit.
7. Tidy up your studio.
- Clean up the clutter in your studio, make a fresh start.
- Breeze through some of your reference materials, you just might find an idea for the next project.
- How about some new music to listen to while cleaning!
8. Don't ever give up!
- Imagine yourself in a place just beyond your goal or dream.
- If you can imagine it, it's already for the taking.
- Always remember, thoughts and ideas become real things, as long as you are always reaching for them.
Make time this month to try a few of these tips. You never know what inspiration is out there unless you are there to capture it! I hope you have found these tips helpful and will enjoy some new experiences.
Do you have any special tips to share on getting your creativity pumping?
Leave me a comment and share!
Have a great time everyone!