Pages

Welcome!

'The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting.' ~Vincent Van Gogh~



Friday, March 23, 2012

New Creations and Ideas!

Sometimes, the unexpected is so refreshing...


Last November, while trying to get Christmas shopping done, I decided to paint three ornaments for my sister and brother-in-law.  Over the last couple years, all three of their dogs had passed away, so I thought, "Why not paint them?!  Keep their memory alive, and it would be a very personal, meaningful gift."  So I did.

 

Once I had them done, I brought them to work to mail. Well, I showed one of my friends, then she was talking to co-workers about them.  They were all coming to my office to look at the ornaments, they loved them!  They wanted to know if I was taking orders.  Of COURSE I said yes.  Within the next two days, I had 21 orders, 25 ornaments!  Wish I had thought of the idea earlier than December!  Anyway, what started out as a gift idea ended up being a great, profitable, and UNEXPECTED..

                                Baby's 1st Christmas                        Beach Christmas
 Puppy Present
 Guitar Snowman

Next Christmas, I'm starting earlier!!!  I really had a fun time with these little treasures!
What unexpected surprises or new creations have you had recently?  I'd love to hear about them!

Feel free to visit my website at http://bonnie-schallermeir.artistwebsites.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galleries Showing my Art

  • Fine Art America
  • Riverview Art Gallery, Portsmouth, VA
  • Jester's Galler Shop, Suffolk, VA